Join Our Team
ANIMAL SHELTER MANAGER
General Job Description for Animal Shelter Manager
Responsible for staff and overall animal welfare.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring animals in the shelter have everything they need for comfort, safety and mental well-being.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the Georgia Department of Agriculture
- Managing the continued process of animals being transferred in from other facilities/owner surrenders and animals being adopted out
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and lead shelter employees
- Preparing reports and paperwork
- Provide a positive example regarding work ethic, attitude, professional ethics, knowledge of policies and procedures, interpersonal interaction and respect for animals and humans
- Working directly with executive director and other department heads
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with animals (particularly in a humane society environment) is a big plus.
- Experience in a managerial role.
- Strong interpersonal skills for management of staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to innovate, plan and implement with little supervision and to work independently.
- Animal Shelter Manager skills and competency
A person in this role must be able to handle chaotic environments and situations that could cause stress. The kennel area in a shelter can be loud, and the animals are often stressed with a new environment. Though they primarily work in an administrative role, they may also come into direct contact with animals while assisting their staff from time to time.
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time, Tuesday-Saturday
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.