Frequently Asked Questions

How can I volunteer?

If you would like to volunteer, the best thing to do is to fill out a volunteer application online or email our Volunteer Coordinator, Sher Pollard, at You can also visit our Volunteer page for more information.

How old do I need to be to volunteer?

Fourteen and under are considered Junior Volunteers and can volunteer as long as their parent accompanies them. That parent would also need to attend orientation.

You must be seventeen or older to handle dogs solo; if younger, you will need a parent to attend orientation and assist in dog handling.

Do you offer full veterinarian services?

We do not offer full veterinarian services. However, we offer low-cost spay/neuter by appointment as well as rabies vaccination and micro-chipping services. Please see website for details.

Can I surrender my pet to HSSCG?

Are you trying to find a new home for your pet?

Our intake protocol at Humane Society of South Coastal Georgia: Please call us at (912) 264-6246 Extension No. 110 OR 0 to inquire about surrendering your animal. We prefer to schedule intake appointments for any intake procedures.

Upon arrival for a scheduled appointment with our staff, the surrendering person completes an intake form  upon evaluation of the dog or cat. There is a minimum $25 surrender fee. Please bring any food, bedding or toys that will help the dog or cat feel comfortable in its new environment. We also ask that you bring any medical records or tags you may have.

For strays, we ask for a donation to help off-set the cost of caring for the animal. We appreciate all of the support we receive!Often, we are at full capacity and cannot accept animals.

Please visit our "Rehoming Pets" page for more resources.

Can you come pick up a stray animal?

No. Please contact Glynn County Animal Control 912-554-7500.

What should I do if I find wildlife in need of care?

Call Glynn County Animal Services at (912) 554-7500). The Humane Society of South Coastal Georgia does not have the appropriate certifications or resources to rehabilitate wildlife.

Some other helpful resources:

Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Wildlife Resources Division

UGA Glynn County Extension Office: (912) 554-7577,

National Wildlife Federation:

Wolf Island National Wildlife Refuge:

Wildlife Conservations Society:

The University of Georgia Museum of Natural History:

How can I obtain a rabies shot or a microchip for my pet?

You may call our Spay/Neuter Clinic to schedule a rabies vaccination and/or a microchip implantation.  Currently, we have no community shot clinic day scheduled.  This makes it convenient for you to schedule as the need arises.  Clinic number is 912-264-6246 ext 111.

Share the Humane Society of South Coastal Georgia