Low-cost Spay & Neuter Clinic
Shelters alone cannot solve the problem of animal overpopulation. Spaying and neutering animals is proven to be the most effective method of controlling overpopulation. The Humane Society of South Coastal Georgia offers a low-cost option to members of our community.
Call us on Extension number 111 at 912-264-6246 to schedule an appointment for spay/neuter.
Surgeries are currently performed here at the Humane Society on Mondays and Tuesdays. We are now operating out of our wonderful new surgical suite in the new adoption and community center.
Surgeries are done on Mondays and Tuesdays by Melissa (Missy) Weaver, DVM. It is same day surgery for the pets. They arrive between 8:15 and 8:45 am and are ready to go home between 3:00 and 4:00 pm with instructions for the owner and pain medication for the animal. Additional charges are applied if the dog is pregnant or in heat or in need of a rabies vaccination. If the dog is pregnant or in heat, you will be charged an additional fee of $25. If the pet has not had a current rabies vaccine, we are required to administer one for a $15.00 fee.
- Dog Spay: $149.00
- Dog Neuter: $119.00
- Cat Spay: $84.00
- Cat Neuter: $55.00
- Rabies Vaccine with Surgery: $15.00
- 1-Year Rabies Vaccination: $20.00
- 3-Year Rabies Vaccination: $25.00
- Micro Chipping with Nationwide Registration: $27.00
- Microchip with 1-Year Rabies: $45
- Microchip with 3-Year Rabies: $50.00
- There is an additional $25 charge if your dog is pregnant or in heat.